Laurie Toby Edison

Photographer

Fat Cat Fight

Lynne Murray says:

I shared a fat acceptance experience with my cat on Mother’s Day. El Nino was sick. The shaggy, black, gentle giant who rules the roost in the cat colony where I live–aka my apartment–had a medical problem that brought us to the animal emergency hospital Sunday morning. He was weighed there and found to weigh 31 pounds. He’s a large-framed cat, long, with huge paws, half Maine Coon cat.

The last time he was weighed in this facility was 4 years ago, and he weighed 25 pounds, which impressed the staff–and not in a good way. This time, they got a little hysterical (and a lot judgmental) and told me his medical problem was due to his size and not being able to keep the cyst area clean.

The vet told me face-to-face and on a diagnosis sheet that: “El Nino needs to be on a rigid weight loss program.”

When a veterinarian in a small room with a fat cat and a fat cat owner, uses the words “rigid weight loss program,” the amount of blame in the air is suffocating. The vet, a square-built, athletic looking woman, had said a few snarky things earlier, on hearing that another vet wanted to put Nino on a diet. “His diet seems to have worked in reverse.” I let that slide, because I was hoping she’d let it go at that. I try never to get into a debate with medical personnel who are about to pick up sharp instruments and use them on someone I love. It’s like a hostage situation.

She did do an excellent job of gently cleaning Nino’s infected area–he didn’t even hiss at her though no anesthetic was used. His sweet temperament impressed her, and she said she offered him some kisses along with petting but he declined. Even in the best of times, he’s never been fond of kisses from humans. Now she was on a mission to do an intervention for his sake.

She had a sheet of diet recommendations, which she faxed to my regular vet. She wasn’t authorized to make an appointment for me to take him over there, but it was clear she wanted to. She suggested immediately cutting his food supply in half, feeding him separately so he didn’t take the other cats’ food, and hauling him in for frequent Jennycraig-esque weigh-ins. It was pretty hard to miss that she was telling me I was damaging my beloved cat, and probably myself, though overfeeding, though she only talked about the cat. She told me to stop giving him any wet food, and to cut his dry rations in half. The dry rations would consist of special “diet food” which my regular vet would recommend.

Since age 9 when I first encountered them, medical personnel wielding diet sheets have never been my friends or allies. This time, I had anticipated a problem and asked a male friend to come along, to help me carry the cat carrier, and also to keep me from turning into a raging pit bull.

I asked the vet on what she based her assumption that a 9-year-old cat should lose 1/3 of his body weight in less than a year. What about regain? She said the same thing the previous vet said, “He won’t regain because you will control his food intake for the rest of his life.”

I asked if there were scientific journal articles that offered credible evidence that the cat would be healthier, more active, etc.

She didn’t happen to have any journal articles on hand–I didn’t really expect her to. She had suggested that I could find them online. She cautioned me to only look at veterinary sites. That made me smile, grimly, because she was trying to stay in control of the situation by predicting that if I looked on the internet, I’d probably manage to find some lunatic fringe information, and end up hurting my cat worse.

The vet had no doubt been expecting the fat owner of a fat cat to be more apologetic and compliant.

It wouldn’t have made any difference if I told her that this huge cat was pretty active. He had spent the previous night on top of an 8-foot-tall bookcase that he usually climbs once or twice a day, even when he’s under the weather. The numbers on the scale, and the fact that he had an infected cyst, made any argument by me irrelevant.

It was shut-up-and-do-what-I-tell-you time.

My friend’s presence kept the encounter from deteriorating into–um, well, a cat fight, while poor, not-so-little Nino waited in his carrier, wanting only to go home.

For me, the worst was afterward, napping with Nino. He took the whole thing in stride, little knowing that his food supply was threatened. But the encounter struck at the heart of my hard-won self-esteem and my need to protect my family of cats. I had been too worried to sleep, and fatigue had made me vulnerable. But after some catnapping with Nino and company, I made my way over to the computer and began to research cat nutrition, etc.

What I found shocked me. The standard, conventional “veterinary sites” said the same thing the vet had said: feed less, feed “diet food”. But there were several other references, by vets, breeders and ordinary cat owners who had successfully dealt with cat illnesses from IBS to obesity. The best site I found was, in fact, from a veterinarian. Lisa A. Pierson, DVM, in an article entitled Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition, states:

Unfortunately many veterinarians are poorly educated in the area of nutrition. Too often their recommendations are taken from the pet food industry which does not always have your cat’s best interest in mind when formulating their products.

Her site even includes an open letter to print and bring or send to your vet on the subject of species-appropriate feeding.

In her (long!) article, Dr. Pierson talks about how cats are totally carnivorous by nature, and often don’t do well eating the grains and non-meat filler that makes up the 40% carbohydrates in dry foods. This can contribute to feline obesity. The pet food manufacturers then proceed to offer kitty diet foods. Where have I seen THAT pattern before?

Pierson continues (the bold is in her original):

These “light” products are among the most species-inappropriate, unhealthy diets available to cat caretakers. Many caretakers feed very small amounts of these diets hoping that their cats will lose weight but feeding a small amount of a diet that is inappropriate for the species is NOT the answer! The caretaker simply ends up with a crabby, overweight cat.

Speaking as a human, of course, “crabby and still overweight” certainly sums up my dieting decades. How sad that the ignorance, fear and fuzzy thinking of our current diet insanity affects even the way we feed our pets.

I have to take responsibility for my knee-jerk negative reaction to the useless “starve the cat forever” program recommended by the earlier vet. It was so similar to the futile never-ending diet advice I’ve gotten from medical doctors that I got defensive instead of using my mind to look more deeply into my cat’s situation. Only when Nino was really sick was I moved to do the research and find something that could make a difference.

In the days since, I have begun to give my resident carnivores as much as they want of a high-quality, high-protein canned food a couple of times a day, rather than leaving out bowls of the equally expensive but high-carb kibble all day for free-feeding.

The cats’ initial reaction was to look around for the kibble, and then vocally complain. They mistrust all changes on general principle, and that dry food was tasty. But the all-meat meals seemed to satisfy them–lots of licking their chops and long, happy naps afterward. Now that they’ve got in touch with their inner predators, they’re working up a routine of circling around and staring like vultures when the appointed meal time approaches.

I’ve finally(!) got past being angry at the vet. The strategic details of her advice sucked. The blame and the manipulation were unacceptable. But her concern for my cat was real. If she hadn’t done her number on me, I wouldn’t have gone looking for a feeding strategy that promises to be better for all my cats.

Final note: some online kitty commenters refer to the high-protein, carnivorous cat food as the “Catkins diet.” Much as I dislike Atkins, from personal bad experience in the 1970s and for turning some of my friends into temporarily insane carbohydrate-bashers, I think the Catkins joke is cute.

So sue me, I’m pussy-whipped.

</p> <p><a href="http://technorati.com/tag/carnivore" rel="tag">carnivore</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/catkins+diet" rel="tag">catkins diet</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/fat+cat" rel="tag">fat cat</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/cat" rel="tag">cat</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/feline+nutrition" rel="tag">feline nutrition</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/feline+obesity" rel="tag">feline obesity</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/feline+diet" rel="tag">feline diet</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/Lisa+Pierson" rel="tag">Lisa Pierson</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/veterinarian" rel="tag">veterinarian</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/Lynne+Murray" rel="tag">Lynne Murray</a><br /> <a href="http://technorati.com/tag/Body+Impolitic" rel="tag">Body Impolitic</a></p> <p>

30 Responses to “Fat Cat Fight”

1. Patia says:

Great post. I hope El Nino is feeling better!

I feel sad for kitties that are put on diets. My two have free access to unlimited Science Diet dry food (not sure how that ranks in carbs) and are also frequent hunters. They are “normal” weight — which I think has a lot to do with their genes, exercise and healthy relationships with food. Restricting food just makes kitties, and people, obsessive.

Years ago I took my boy to a new vet, who weighed him and pronounced him healthy weight (he was and at age 12 remains very lean and muscular), but passive-aggressively added, “If he were overweight, we’d have to put him on a diet.” It was such a bizarrely pointed thing to say I knew it was not aimed at my cat, but me.

Of course, I never went back to THAT vet!

2. Patsy Nevins says:

Weight in cats is as genetic & variable as it is in humans, & there is nothing “wrong” with a larger cat anymore than there is with a larger human being. If your cat is half coon cat, he is supposed to be a big cat. No, I would never put any cat on a diet, & I admit that I am speaking from the viewpoint of a woman who owns a 15-year-old female cat who has never weighed over 6 pounds in her life & who will eat anything not nailed down, especially MY food, who has not been pampered & has only been to a vet once in her life, & who may nevertheless outlive us all.

Good luck to you & your kitties, Lynn.

3. Patsy Nevins says:

I also wanted to mention, Lynne (apologies for omitting the “e” last time) that a close friend of mine had a male part-coon cat some years ago who also weighed between 30-32 pounds his entire life (I live in Maine & this guy looked a lot like a bobcat). He was given canned food most of his life, switched to some dry & also things such as broth with a little cheese & bits of meat & pasta as he got older (the vet said lots of meat is hard on the kidneys of older animals). He lived to be 18 years old, which I understand is pretty old for a cat.

I am very passionate about the whole fat liberation business, in ALL ways. Fat is normal & natural for many of us, widely varying body sizes & shapes is natural & genetic, & this is true regardless of species, gender, age, or number of legs. I am very fed up with this whole invented “disease” of “obesity”, a made-up name for a made-up disease, & even more fed up with the way those who want to control our lives & bodies & make huge profits find to market to all of us, going after our children & even our animals. It is criminal that none of us is to be left in peace to live naturally & happily in our own bodies unless we fight for that right & totally ignore the insanity, which is basically what I do. Every day, I see this culture turning more into Nazi Germany, where people were told “your body does not belong to you, it belongs to the State. It is your DUTY to be fit & healthy & trim & ready to defend the Fatherland.” Well, I am a bad little Nazi. I own my body & live in it as I please & any animals in my life are permitted to do the same.

Katie, the munchkin who would make a midnight snack for your cat Nino, has always had dry food & maybe got a can of wet three or four times yearly as a treat. She also eats any human food which she can beg, borrow, or steal. She is a big eater & an indoor cat who is just genetically tiny. Ironically, I always wanted a big, solid Maine coon cat.

4. Lynne Murray says:

Patia and Patsy, thanks for the good wishes!

Nino is healing well with no signs of re-infection. We’ll settle into a workable pattern with the food when the antibiotic pills are done–fortunately soon! I’m crushing the pills and mixing them with “gravy” to squirt in his mouth with a plastic applicator thingie. Soaking some of the dry food in water makes good liquid for that. I also just learned to that offering a little liquid for him to drink right after pilling, helps the medicine go down. I wish I’d known that before. But I think the pills upset his stomach and we’ll both be glad when they’re finished.

I didn’t take away all the cat’s dry food, to put them on high protein canned. But I’m offering them the high pro stuff three times a day and not leaving the dry out all day the way I used to. Whether the higher protein option will improve his health remains to be seen.

I do think you’re right about the Maine Coon cats having a natural potential to get huge–Nino’s head and paws seem to be almost twice as big as my other cats, and his “pawing reach” is two or three inches longer.

5. Liza says:

I’m glad you found something! Are you going to tell the vet about what you found? It might help future pets (and pet-owners) she works with.

6. Stef says:

I have two big and fat cats, 16 and 23 pounds. The bigger of them (who probably has some maine coon or some other large breed, since he’s very tall and his paws are enormous) has been gaining weight since I got him a year ago. I am not feeding them very much – 1 pouch of wet food, which they usually don’t eat all of, and a little more than 1 cup of fairly high-quality dry. (They usually don’t finish that either.) If he can gain weight on that, I have to suspect he was put on severe calorie restriction in the past. Either that or the carpet fluff he occasionally eats has lots of calories.

It is dangerous to suddenly and drastically cut the intake of a fat cat. It can cause fatal liver disease.

My previous cat companion weighed about 12 pounds her whole life, and different vets variously told me that she was overweight and in need of a diet or that she was perfectly healthy and at an excellent weight. She lived a pretty long life. For a while in middle age, she seemed to have a lot of joint pain. That went away when I switched her from supermarket Purina cat food to higher quality senior cat food.

7. Patsy Nevins says:

Thanks for the tip about the joint pain, Stef. My old lady munchkin seems to have some pain at times. Of course, at others, she is running around & bouncing off the walls like a maniac! She IS 15, though, so I would say that she definitely qualifies as a senior.

Yes, Lynne, I was told some time ago (by someone who actually breeds & sells Coon cats) that an AVERAGE Maine coon will usually go around 25 pounds & it isn’t uncommon for them to get somewhat larger than that. Vets are obviously as fatphobic, brainwashed, & full of bull as human doctors are.

8. Lynne Murray says:

It’s really interesting to me how many of you-all with normal weight cats have the vets push diets! Patia’s vet’s comment that her cat wasn’t fat–but if he/she WERE, the vet would put the cat on a diet. Surely that’s the vet’s fat phobia speaking and using the “white coat authority” to legitimize it.

Nino is middle-aged for a cat–9–and he does have some limping from joint problems (so do I!) But that’s why I put him on a Maine Coon formula dry food that has glucosamine and chondroitin (which I also take for my joint problems), but I’ve also got some “cosamine for cats” supplement that I give him.

This past week has really forced me to face my own issues around weight, food and health. Also, my co-dependent side that tries to move heaven and earth when a loved one is sick–even when my reaction is inappropriately intense.

Liza in regard to sending a letter to the vet, I think I need to do this, but I don’t want to get into a dialog with her. Ironically, I sent a positive email to Dr. Pierson, whose web page I linked to in the blog, and she wrote back a nice email that included some weight loss goals for my cat! Fortunately, I didn’t see anything that overt on her page, but maybe I’m crazy and missed it!

I realized last night while Nino was giving me the “J’accuse” look after I gave him the antibiotics, that I was so worried about him and so gung ho about dealing with his health issues (the cyst thing and the joint pain) that I was making too many changes too fast. I need to back track, slow down and change small things a little at a time and pay attention to all the cats’ reactions to each change. The health nut variation of the diet mentality, is still alive and well in my brain, ready to make trouble if I let it rule.

9. Patsy Nevins says:

I have noticed that the belief in healthism, a belief in which I am letting go of these days, thanks to a dear friend who does deep research of all the medical, nutritional, diet industry lies, hype, salemanship, & manipulation, is hard for people to let go of. I have also seen in many cases that, while people can accept fat liberation & being okay in their natural bodies for themselves, they often are more likely to accept the “conventional wisdom” when someone is selling it for the benefit of a child or pet. They count heavily on this being true, which is why the whole “childhood obesity” crap is being so heavily promoted right now.

A friend just told me that an attorney with whom she works just returned from a business & marketing seminar where the attendees were told that the “obesity epidemic” & all its attendant industries is the best, most successful piece of marketing in business history & that those who want to be successful & rake in billions should use it as a model.

I just also wanted to say, before I move on, that, speaking of marketing, one of the more sickening ones I have seen, aside from ALL the crap directed at persuading us to beautify & perfect our bodies, is one by Iams, for something I believe they call “multi-cat formula.” I watched the commercial once & have clicked the channel whenever it comes on since. I remember a line about, “to build muscle on trim cats & slim down ‘overweight’ cats, so that every cat can have a ‘perfect’ body.” EXCUSE ME?!!!! I am sorry, but it’s bad enough that you try to tell us WE can & should have ‘perfect’ bodies, now you have to start on on animals too?!!! For me, this one ranks up there with the LA Zoo putting a female elephant on a diet to reduce her 900 pounds!

10. Patia says:

Patsy, that ad sounds sickening. Will they stop at nothing to make a buck?

Lynn, I think that unless Nino clearly has an eating disorder, he should be allowed to set his own food intake, or at least not put on some arbitrary diet. Certainly exercise never hurts, either, particularly for inside kitties. They think it’s just play! :-)

Before people scoff, I HAVE had a cat who was a binge eater — the poor thing had been starved as a girl and consequently ate herself sick for the rest of her life. She’d scarf her food, steal from the other three, then barf it all up. She was a love, I miss her.

11. Lynne Murray says:

Patsy, I hate those ads as well–and try not to think about people projecting their body image problems on pets, who have no control over the food bowl contents.

Patia, I totally agree about cats setting their own food intake. What I am changing (slowly) for all my cats is the proportion of the high protein wet food to the dry kibble. Nino is pretty happy with this, as are the rest of my kitties. Although during the time when Nino was taking antibiotics, he was vomiting a lot (usually soon after the medicine) and lost interest in food, which was unusual. I asked a friend who had experience with antibiotics, as I’ve rarely had them and not at all in the past 10-15 years. My friend said there’s a warning on the antibiotics that says they may cause nausea. Not the sort of thing the vet bothered to tell me–maybe everyone else in the world knows this, or maybe the vet thought a little anorexia and bulimia would be good for him…. Grrr! His appetite came back and the vomiting stopped about 24 hours after the last pilling.

The wet food is treat food for them, so they don’t know it’s high protein, and the kibble is now a sort of nuveau cuisine presentation thing (did I mention I’m a total slave to my cats?) The main change I’ve made is three meals a day when they have an hour to eat as much as they want (they usually take ten minutes or less and sometimes come back a little later). Then I take up the dry kibble in between.

12. Jeannette says:

Hi Lynne,

I have a cat that is slightly chubby (In my opinion) :) but extremely playful and happy. I am thinking about helping him get a little smaller only because I am scared of him getting diabetes according to my Vet. Can you tell me how is El Nino responding to the change in diet? how is his weight and what canned food brand would you recommend. I am thinking of doing the same thing you did, in terms of feeding him 3 times a day with some canned food.

thanks

13. Lynne Murray says:

Jeannette, I can understand why you’re concerned–although I do hear a lot of people who get pressured by vets with threats of sickness that may never materialize. Just like fat people who get told “you’re going to die young, or you will get diabetes” when they have no evidence that the fat person will in fact have these problems.

It’s going to be awhile before I see how Nino responds to getting mostly protein canned food. I’m letting him have as much as he wants three times a day. I am NOT restricting his portion size, or trying to get him smaller. I’m not going to weigh him.

The main thing I’m trying to do is change the foods to the mainly high protein stuff and not leaving the kibble out all day. Most of the commercial kibble are about 40% carbs. Evidently those are less satisfying than pure protein, so the cats snack all day if there’s kibble sitting out.

When I looked online I found some sites about the kind of food cats are built to eat, as carnivores–basically meat–98% protein. One page I found suggested various wet (canned) foods that are very low in carbs and high in protein. They suggest that if a cat actually IS diabetic, the owner needs to check carb content of the food very carefully. http://www.catinfo.org/commercialcannedfoods.htm

Nino’s pretty active for a middle-aged BBC (Big Beautiful Cat–I just made that up). We are trying to get more playtime in. It sounds like your cat is younger, not very chubby, and quite vigorous, which is great. Good luck with your kitty!

14. catswym says:

i know this post was a couple of weeks ago, but i wanted to mention that i have my cat on a dry food brand called Innova Evo–it’s grain free. made just from (human grade) meat and some fruits and veggies.

i wouldn’t give my 17lb orange tabby anything with loads of grains in it. he seems to like it. :)

15. midge says:

my cat, calamity, weighs 17 lbs and gets the same reaction from every vet we’ve ever gone to. a shocked or disapproving expression, followed by “she needs to go on a diet. the receptionist will give you some low fat food.” just like you posted, the “low-fat” food is just another version of high-sugar crap with corn as the highest percentage ingredient. i fell for the diet thing the first few years i had calamity. because i’d gotten her from a crazy person who was abusing her, i didn’t know her history and thought the vets might be right, that she wasn’t at her “natural” weight or something. however, after several years of diet food, calamity never lost a pound, but gained an attitude problem. i finally changed my thinking when a friend said, “she used to be kept in a suitcase by a crazy lady. let her eat!” now she eats the best food i can find for her, in normal amounts. she’s a lot more active and seems way happier.

thanks for this post. i’m looking up the nutritionist you listed.

16. Lynne Murray says:

Hi catswym and midge,

I’ve heard of the Innova, and it looks interesting. Midge, so sorry that your kitty, calamity, had to go through that abuse, but so glad she found a good home with you!

Just an update. Nino’s wound healed up nicely, and we’ve tried a couple of the nutritionist vet’s list of 10 or so high-protein canned foods (Wellness–salmon & turkey–yes! Wysong–chicken, turkey & duck…eh, not so much). Only one of my other cats, Merlin, prefers the dry food (mostly) to the new wet stuff. I feed him on a high counter because he’s a smaller cat who gets his food taken if he doesn’t have a secluded dining spot. Nobody seems to miss having the kibble out all day, and I’m thinking that Nino’s dramatic weight gain (from 25 lbs to 31 lbs in four years) was from having the high carb snacks around all day. I hoping that the higher protein and better hydration of wet food will make him healthier–that’s my only goal for him. He seems happy with the new food and he’s his usual mellow self. Lynne

17. holly says:

I’m glad to hear that you found Dr. Pierson’s website. I found it when my cat ended up with diabetes after 7 years of being fed Science Diet dry food. She became diet controlled and went off insulin within one month of switching to all canned food. I’ve become a curse to all of my friends who still feed all dry food to their cats, the zealotry of the newly converted and all that.

18. Lynne Murray says:

Hi Holly, LOL about the zealotry of the converted! I’m so programmed to experiment on myself with supplements, etc., that it seems natural to try a different cat food when the explanation is so rational. But I have to remind myself that everyone has different limits on what they can do for their cats– including me! The first high-protein week I attempted to feed my cats the raw meat with supplement powder some web sites endorse. I discovered that the cats were not all that thrilled and I am simply not capable of doing it (gruesome details omitted)…thank goodness for the pre-packed stuff! It’s very encouraging to hear about your cat’s improvement with the diabetes! Lynne

19. […] Guest blogging over at Body Impolitic, Lynne Murray talks about the magic bullets that are being used in the war on fat people. And in any war, there are bound to be some hostages. The medical industry loves to hold fat people hostage, but, as Lynne points out, its not just humyns that are being held against their will. As someone who cares for and lives with fat animals, i know exactly what Lynne is talking about when she describes this scene from a veterinary hospital on Mother’s Day. […]

20. very nice blog, congratulations from brazil

21. Stupid people says:

You people are sick. There are clear medical consequences for obesity, whether in a human or a cat. The difference between 25 pounds (the high end of what a poster calls the normal weight for a Maine Coon) and 31 pounds is enormous when you are talking about small creatures. Are you so blind Lynne Murray? Diabetes, hello? Arthritis, hello? I’m sorry you had to turn the issue of your cat’s health into a political issue that itself reflects your own self-esteem issues. Shame on you!

22. Sometimes this diet mentality thing reminds me of the movie Night of the Living Dead–where the zombies besiege people in an old house and they are very hard to kill because they keep jumping up and coming at you.

23. Lynne Murray says:

LOL (wait that’s not really funny), I’m partly laughing because I literally just saw Sean of the Dead (last night) and I can see some parallels with some former fat activists I’ve known who turned from supportive allies into weight-loss-surgery promoters. There’s a lot of fear and body-loathing floating around and none of these issues are simple, but people do embrace a certain zombie-like unreachability when they push diets.

24. Laurie says:

William,

I love the image. It works for me in the sense that no matter how many times “diets” are knocked down by good medical information they keeping jumping up and coming back.

25. […] Laurie pointed out a Minneapolis Star Tribune article reporting FDA approval of “the first drug for obese canines….” She asked if I wanted to guest blog about it because of the parallels with my post on my fat cat’s experience at the vet. [Laurie and Debbie got this link from betsy.] […]

26. Martha says:

hoo, boy. I’ve actually written TWO books about helping your dog or cat lose weight AND I have struggled with weight issues myself my whole life, and at one point had an eating disorder. (My top weight and my bottom weight are a hundred pounds apart.)

So: I’m not a zombie, honest. And the vet who wrote the prefaces for both my books is a big advocate of the “Catkins” diet for cats. When I’m interviewed I NEVER recommend diet cat or dog food because, in general, I don’t think it does what it’s supposed to do.

But I am the owner of a formerly overweight dog, who suffered quite a bit from orthopedic problems when she was heavier, and hasn’t since she lost the weight. The problems vanished. That’s where I come from.

But I would never tell a Maine coon that he had to be a skinny mini, because coons just aren’t built that way.

27. I am glad to post my views and points in this blog, but I must say that webmaster of this blog has done a very great job to make his blog more informative and more discussable but unfortunately everthing is same here that more than 80% in this and other blogs post their comments for making spam!!!, so i will really all this spam links to google band tool, because webmaster makes blogs for making discuss and for sloving each other problems.

28. Lynne Murray says:

Hi Laurie and Debbie,
    Is comment #27 a link to a site that looks as if–from the URL–it’s selling the appetite suppressant, hoodia? Just a guess, I don’t want to stress my computer’s anti-virals by going there! If legit, perhaps the poster will say so.
    Lynne

29. Debbie says:

Lynne, it is spam. I took out the URL, which makes it useless spam. Thanks for asking!

30. Lynne Murray says:

The quality of Spam is going downhill…perhaps all the energy is going to penis enlargement and none to the brain…okay, I know, it’s computer-generated spam. Lynne

Themes: